Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Why I Skip Church

My family wants me to go to church, especially on Christmas.  They say it is the least I can do to show respect for God.

But I do not want to worship a God that is so insecure that he needs me to go to church to honor him. I do not want to worship a god that is so insure that I needs to kneel in front of him.  I do not want to worship  God that is so insecure that he needs constant affirmation about how grand and wonderous he is whether it is a prayer or attending church.

My mom used to beg me to go for the children, but that seems hypocritical to me.  How can I bring my children to church if I do not believe in it?

My mom has gotten too old to make those demands anymore. I wish she could get better, but I won't pray for it.  It's impossible - part of God's plan, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment